An invisible red thread connects those that are destined to meet,regardless of time,place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break.~Ancient Chinese Proverb

Monday, November 12, 2012

Showering Mia

This weekend, I was blessed with a sweet Shower for Mia. I am so fortunate to have super supportive friends, who have rallied behind us, ever since we told them of our plans to adopt. They never once have asked us those dreadful questions, that others may ask.."Why don't you just have more of your OWN kids? Why don't you adopt HERE in the States?"...No questions...just unwavering support. The best quality you can find in a friend. And so, we gathered together on Saturday to celebrate the sweet little girl who is, in every since of the word, my Daughter.


It was a fun day, but also one I found to be bittersweet. Throughout this process, I have been flooded with all sorts of emotions. Some, I knew would come, Some, I was unaware of. On the day of the shower I found myself overcome with emotions. One one hand I was so extremely happy. I was laughing, celebrating with my friends and family. But then my mind would drift across the world, to the little girl at the center of this celebration..and my heart would begin to ache. I felt guilty for having this fun, while MY little girl, is so far away.
BUT......we must push these thoughts out of our head...and CELEBRATE!!!





And so, it was all things Asian.....the food (sushi, noodles, egg rolls and fortune cookies) was de-lish, games of passing things around with chopsticks, trying to find tiny tiny safety pins in a bowl of rice, with your eyes closed, and the old standard..you give up your safety pin if you say...MIA!! I won!! I was listening hard!!
It was a great day, and I left with SO MUCH stuff for our princess!!! Already spoiled...just as she should be!!!




Alex couldn't believe all of the things we came home with!!!

And so from all of us....THANK YOU!!!!!

Blessings, Angie