An invisible red thread connects those that are destined to meet,regardless of time,place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break.~Ancient Chinese Proverb

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

100 WISHES FOR MIA

The quilt is done!!!
I am so humbled and honored by all those who graciously gave a square and a well wish for our sweet girl's quilt! I was able to collect way more than I expected!
My Mother in law was kind enough to offer to stitch the quilt for me. And so, I wrapped up the 100 squares, mailed them to her..and TA DA......here is the finished project!!!

It turned out just beautiful!!! I am so happy to have this treasure for Mia. When she is older we will explain the meaning of this quilt and read to her each well wish that came along from each square. It will be fun to flip through the book of wishes and help her hunt for the matching square. As I look at the finished project, I instantly recognize certain squares..and seeing them come together for this quilt makes my heart overflow with happiness.
Since we received MORE than 100 squares, my Mother-in-law is currently working on a second, much smaller lap quilt, which we can use on trips (like China!!!) and in her crib. I will post a photo of the second quilt once it is complete.

Again, thank you SO much for being part of this special labor of love...this sweet girl already has so many people that care for her!! We are so fortunate to have such amazing friends and family!

Blessings,
Angie