An invisible red thread connects those that are destined to meet,regardless of time,place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break.~Ancient Chinese Proverb

Thursday, June 6, 2013

So long First Grade...HELLO Summer!!!

Today, our oldest wrapped up his last day of First Grade!

Each year, as the school year begins AND ends, I get a little emotional. I think about my sweet child and how far he has come. How far he will go, and how BLESSED I am to be his Mother.

Nick is such a sweet, timid boy. Over-achiever. People pleaser. Overly sensitive. Emotionally fragile little soul. At times, I look at him and see a mirror image of myself. I was the exact same, when I was his age. Painfully shy, afraid of rejection, desperate to make friends. Ohh...it takes me back.
Perhaps that is why I tend to be so lenient with him. Because I get it. I understand. I know how he feels. My heart breaks when his does.
Complete opposite of his Brother and Daddy. They are the tough, outspoken ones. They are loud, free speakers. They are the talkers..while Nick and I are the listeners..the thinkers..the feelers..the criers..

Kindred spirits.

Love this Boy. LOVE him with every ounce of my soul.