An invisible red thread connects those that are destined to meet,regardless of time,place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break.~Ancient Chinese Proverb

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Father's Day

Happy Fathers Day to all of the amazing, nurturing Fathers out there, who love and adore your children. What a blessing an amazing Father is!

As I look around this Fathers Day, I see two aspects of this sweet relationship. I see my own relationship with my Father and Step Father, and I see the amazing relationships that are blooming between my 3 children and their Daddy. Everywhere I look, there is LOVE, all around.

My Parents divorced when I was just a toddler, and my Mother remarried when I was still very young. While I lived with my Mom and Step-Dad, I saw my Father every week. While divorce isn't the ideal way for any child to be raised, it was the hand that I was dealt. Looking back, I can now say that given the relationships that parted and remained, I came out pretty good. I was able to have a solid relationship with BOTH men, who went on to play a crucial part in my life. While they were different in their own rites, I can happily say that, as an adult, I have taken things from both of them, who have made me the woman, wife and Mother that I am today.

I love both of these men immensely and am thankful for their kind, loving hands that guided me throughout my life..

Here are some photos of me & my Dad..
























And my Step-Dad....










I look at the relationships blossoming between my husband and our kids and I am just so thankful for this bond that the share. He is a wonderful father, a good role model and a loyal,respectful husband. I pray that my children always keep this close relationship with their Dad. I truly believe that the relationship you have with your parents shapes the type of adult you become.

















I also find myself on this day, thinking about our sweet girls Birth Father. I am certain that he is out there, somewhere, thinking about the sweet Daughter that they were unable to keep. Just as her birth mothers heart aches, I am sure that his does, as well. I will say an extra prayer for him, that he may somehow know that his baby girl is being loved and taken care of by her a forever Daddy, and that we are eternally grateful to have found their sweet blessing..

If your Father is close by, go see him, give him a big hug.
If distance seep rates you,call him and let him know what he means to you.
If he has passed on, say a special prayer and tell him how grateful you were to have had him in your life.
And if you grew up without a Father, but had a special male role model in your life..tell him how much he meant to you.

Blessings,
Angie