An invisible red thread connects those that are destined to meet,regardless of time,place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break.~Ancient Chinese Proverb

Thursday, June 13, 2013

BEACH!!!!

Well, we let Nick skip out on his official last day of school (shhh....don't tell!) and headed down to our place at the Beach. We left with torrential down pouring rain and a tropical storm that was passing over the State..but soon after we pulled into the driveway..the skies cleared and the sun was out! Woo hoo! It didn't take long before the Boys had found their swimsuits and had jumped right in the pool!!






Let Summer Vacation officially begin!!!!


We enjoyed the sun, surf and all that the Beach has to offer. The Boys were in the water if they were awake. Nick rode the waves, while Alex built sand castles. Mia and I walked...and walked...and walked. She loved the beach...but NOT the sand....
It was so cute, when she would loose her balance and go to fall, she would immediately raise her hands up in the air..so that they wouldn't go in the sand.so funny!

Mia tested the ocean a little, letting the waves trickle over her feet..but then..back up into Mommy's arms. I love that we are getting to experience all of these firsts with her. She is just taking it all in..so curious.


We had a few first aid emergencies while we were gone. Nick decided to surf the bottom of the pool..with his nose. (Hint..concrete isn't very forgiving!) and so he has a nice huge scraped nose. Alex lost his footing on the FIRST of 18 stairs and literally ROLLED down each one..while I stood at the top..and just watched (mommy of the year award goes to.......)
My poor boy...bloody mouth and huge lips....
I freaked.
I almost passed out.
I screamed.

All the while, my hubby is yelling.."you're a dental hygienist!!!! Get a grip and FOCUS!!!"

I couldn't. When its your child with blood pouring out of their mouth and all bruised, you loose focus! Hubby says.."we need to see if his teeth are loose!". So, what do I say? "No...I can't. I don't want to see!!"
Brilliant.
Needless to say, I held my breath and touched his 2 front teeth. Solid. Whew..
After a few ice pack changes and some Motrin and a shot of vodka for myself..(haha...I'm totally kidding) (the vodka came later)...
I was able to see that he had torn his upper frenulum. (That's the piece of tissue under your upper lip that connects gum to lip). Well, his is no longer there. No biggie, bc it stopped bleeding.
After the shock wore off, I began to realize how quickly accidents happen, and how fragile life is (yep...a tumble down the stairs will scare ya straight!)
I am so thankful that there was not more injury and that my sweet boy is ok. Praise God!!

All in all...we had a fabulous vacation and we all pouted big time when it was time to leave. We have already planned to go back right before school starts back for one last vacation. Can't wait!!!













Rather than fill you in on anymore about the trip, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.







I hope you are all saving a wonderful start to your Summer. Today's high is 99 degrees with a heat index of 106. That's not just hot...that's HAWT, as we say down South!!!!

blessings,
angie