An invisible red thread connects those that are destined to meet,regardless of time,place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break.~Ancient Chinese Proverb

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Let Go of my Legos!!!





Oh how we love our Legos. Isn't it funny how little Boys just can't live without their Legos? I don't know about your house, but they are EVERYWHERE in our house. Aunt Debbie gave us a Lego table for Christmas;by January, they were fighting over their "space" and so we ordered another Lego table! They are in the couch cushions, on beds, on the kitchen table(while we eat), in the cupholders of our carseats, imbedded in the rugs, (which we always seem to stumble across while we are trying to tiptoe around the house in the dark while the kids are sleeping)OUCH!! Whenever we go to any store, I am asked..."Do they sell Legos here??"I will watch the boys play with these little blocks for hours, building ships, castles, this and that...all the while, their imagination is running wild. Sometimes I catch myself glancing at the mass sea of blocks while they are away at school, and I can't help but smile, when I think of how much joy these tiny blocks bring to them. The other day, Alex asked me "Mommy, do you like to play with our Legos while we are at school?" I lied and said "Oh yes! Sometimes I go in your room and build princess castles with them". I know it is wrong to lie to your kids, but his eyes lit up;he was so happy! He said "Mommy...you can play with my Legos whenever you want!!" aww...these are the moments I will look back on when they are 14 and 17 and running out the door. How I will long to just have them want to sit next to me and build something with Legos.......Living in the moment,today!!!