An invisible red thread connects those that are destined to meet,regardless of time,place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break.~Ancient Chinese Proverb

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Another Step Closer!!!

Woo Hoo!!! Today we FINALLY got word that after a month, our Homestudy was approved by SC DSS and sent on to United States Customs & Immigration! As soon as we got the call, Alex and I hopped in the car and raced to the Post Office where we overnighted our I-800a application to Customs. This is a long application which essentially requests approval from the US Government to adopt a child from a foreign country. I am doing the happy dance as I type this!! So now, we wait to receive a text or email from USCIS stating that they have received our documents. They will then mail us out a notice for a fingerprinting appt. We will drive to the Homeland Security office in Charleston to be printed. I have to admit, I am a little worried about my prints. We had to print a few months ago to be cleared at the State level, and they ahrd a hard time getting my prints to scan. Apparently those who use lots of hand sanitizer and wash their hands too much (can you say OCD) tend to be hard to get prints on. They were only able to get prints off of 6 fingers, so at their suggestion, I am using LOTS of hand lotion (like 6-7 times a day) and NO hand sanitizer, in an attempt to "plump up" my prints. I have heard some people even slather their hands in lotion and sleep with socks on their hands. Don't laugh...I may resort to this several nights before our appointment. After opening up my home to a Social Worker to evaluate every aspect of our homelife, turning over every financial document we have, having my Boys update their physicals, having my DOG update her physical (yes, you read that correct) and after giving VIALS of blood to prove we are completely healthy and free of diseases...now I am resorting to "plumping up my fingertips"
The things we do for LOVE!!!!
Approval from the US level will be the last step before we get to send ALL of this paperwork to China and introduce ourselves as the Kefeers! Once we are locked into the CCWA (The Chinese Childrens Welfare Association), we hope to be matched with our little girl.
One Step Closer