An invisible red thread connects those that are destined to meet,regardless of time,place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break.~Ancient Chinese Proverb

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Another Milestone

For those of you who are Parents, you know exactly how important Milestones are. Any Milestone. We relish them, journal them, photograph them; so that they will stay forever ingrained in our minds.

With adoption, there are all sorts of Milestones equally as important to celebrate. And those of you who know us well, know that we celebrate EVERYTHING!!;-))

Earlier this month we reached a huge timeframe Milestone. This month, on the 18th, marked Mia being home 17 months. Why is 17 months so important? Because it now means that she has been HOME with us, longer than she was ever WITHOUT us. She now knows the love of a Family longer than she ever had to go without one. She has now been HELD, longer than she ever laid alone in a crib. 
Even while she quickly adjusted to her new life, I still always held this milestone in my heart as to when I would REALLY feel as if she KNEW she was home. And now, as we cross that threshold, it feels good. So good. 

It has been an amazing 17 months since first holding a scared, sick little baby anOcean  away. There were times early on when I worried if she would ever fully allow me to love her. If she would truly KNOW that we were hers and she was ours. But as I sit here typing this, she bounces on and off of my lap, nudging my shoulder and squeezing my neck so hard I can barely continue. 

She knows. 

And did I mention how good it feels??




Blessings,
Angie....xxxx