An invisible red thread connects those that are destined to meet,regardless of time,place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break.~Ancient Chinese Proverb

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Grandma's recipe

I just simply LOVE my grandma's banana pudding.
She's made it for as long as I can remember, and it's just one of hose comfort foods that always makes me think if her.

I can fondly remember spending Sundays afternoons at their house after we'd get home from Church as a Family. We'd go over for a big lunch and to swim... And there was always banana pudding for dessert.
Well, with Spring finally sprung, it was time to break out the ole glass bowl (you HAVE to use the same dish she does!) and get cookin!

I enlisted the help of my Boys..
They were eager to help, and Alex was eager to lick the beaters..
We did a lot of slicing... And a lot of taste testing....
And finally, we were done....

While it never manages to taste JUST like hers... I was excited to recreate one if these childhood memories with MY Boys....
Definitely a sweet treat!