An invisible red thread connects those that are destined to meet,regardless of time,place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break.~Ancient Chinese Proverb

Monday, January 7, 2013

Getting ready for our girl

This past weekend, my Step-Mother through me an amazing shower, to help us celebrate and get ready for our sweet girl! It was nothing short of PERFECT! It was everything I could ask for...PINK, PINK, PINK! All things girly..right up my alley!
The theme was "Fill the Suitcase". And so some people brought us all the things we will need to pack with us, as we will basically LIVE out of a suitcase for at least 15 days...yikes!! We got tons of travel items, travel toys, clothes, personalized items...this little girl already has more than she could ever dream of.
The day was bittersweet as my thoughts drifted to our girl. Wondering what she was doing...if she is hungry..is she being held??? In one sense, it's hard to celebrate when you try to imagine what she is going through and doing at the very same time that we are all having fun and laughing...but I just lean on my faith and reassurance ....knowing that , "There may be pain in the night, but JOY comes in the morning"
We each released a balloon with our wishes for Mia...sure hoping she could feel some of that love from here.

here are some pictures from the shower!










I'm not sure who is luckier.....this sweet girl, who is joining such an amazing family, or Us...who is gaining a sweet blessing from afar.....
let's just say we are BOTH equally as blessed...........