An invisible red thread connects those that are destined to meet,regardless of time,place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break.~Ancient Chinese Proverb

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Ants in my Pants..

Anxiety. Nervous energy. Idle thoughts.
That pretty much sums up what's going on around here. We are leaving for China next month. We just don't know when. For those of you who know me, know I am a planner. I like my calendar. I like my dates highlighted. I like PLANS. And so this whole Adoption process has tested every bit of patience I have. There were so many steps, so many milestones along the way, that we knew we would be waiting MONTHS for. Send in this application..wait 2 months, Send in the next application...wait 3 months. Well, now we are approaching the LAST step..which brings us down to WEEKS..and it's killing me. I have longed for this little girl for over a year, seen her face for 3 months...and I'm done. I want her HOME. I want to know her, hold her, smell her and keep her with me..but still we wait.
Tomorrow our Article 5 is due to be picked up from the Embassy in China. It has been there for 2 weeks. It will be delivered to the CCCWA (Children's Welfare Association), where we will wait for them to issue us our final Travel call. These calls were coming in 22 days, then 17 days, and most recently, families yesterday received theirs after only 11 days. Oh Lord..PLEASE let that be us!!! Once they issue our Travel Call, we will officially know WHEN we leave. Chinese New Year is coming up next month, and so the Gov't offices will shut down for almost a week. Because of the closures, our Agency will not allow any families to fly out until Valentines Day. It is our specific prayer, that our Travel Call is issued anytime before the closure on Feb. 6th, and that we are able to secure a travel date of around Feb.14th. If the call doesn't come in time, or we don't make it into the Feb.14th travel group, then we should leave the following week. I am preparing my heart for this, just in case. BUT, if trends continue, we feel that the 14th is very do-able..And so ,we wait for the email that says IT'S TIME!!!
We were also told yesterday that the Orphanages have sent updates on the sponsored children (we are paying for Mia's sponsorship in her Orphanage). They said they are working  hard to translate them and families should get their child's updates very soon. And so, i am constantly hitting "refresh" on my email. I am dying to see a recent photo. Someone yesterday actually received a 30 sec video of their little girl!! Oh my word, i would just die!! I think a video would do me in!! (But' I'd take it!!!)
And so now, we just wrap up our final things. I am going to get my travel vaccines next week (OUCH!), researching airlines, buying last minute things like travel gear, bottles,, buying her PINK carseat, etc..
If you pray, while it may seem like a silly request, would you pray that our Call comes before Feb. 6th and that we are able to secure our trip on the 14th? Everyday that we are away from our little girl, is a day we worry about her........