An invisible red thread connects those that are destined to meet,regardless of time,place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break.~Ancient Chinese Proverb

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Five is Fabulous

This week, our sweet Boy turned Five!
Can I just tell you HOW excited he was about his Birthday???
Major.

Growing up, my Mom always made our Birthdays out to be like National Holidays. I mean, they kind of ARE, in terms of a household...right???

I get so excited over Birthdays, and I hope the excitement that WE show, rubs off on our Children. I hope they ALWAYS look forward to THEIR own special Day...and I promise...no matter HOW old they get...to ALWAYS celebrate big!!!


Of course...big brother woke us up to get the Party started. Gifts were first on the agenda. Hey...breakfast and school can WAIT!!
We took special Birthday cookies and goodies to school, to keep the Celebration going. And then ended our evening with MORE sugar and singing.

It was such a special Day, and we were reminded MANY times, that he will NEVER be 4 again!!!

As we wrapped up the day, I pulled out some old albums and began to look back at our sweet Boys past 4 years. What a Blessing. He made his entrance early one morning, taking me off guard with surprise..and he has been surprising me ever since.

He is witty, smart , funny.(oh boy..is he funny). He is most definitely a mini-me of his Daddy. I often remind my husband of this when he starts to fuss at him. Ummm...(enter throat clearing)... The apple doesn't fall far from the tree;-))

Thought I would share just a few of my favorite photos from his past years....
He is here!!!!!

His Big Brother was so loving and gentle with him.
Getting his "Greek" on...time to get Baptized!!!!
Birthday Cake...not a fan....then;-)))
Making sure his stuffed animals stay "hydrated"....
Filling his role as an awesome Big Brother...

Sweet Alex, we love you beyond measure. You make us laugh everyday. We pray that you will grow to be a happy, healthy young man. That you will always know the love of a God, and the love of your family, all the while, loving others.

We are so proud to be your Mommy and Daddy!!

Birthday Blessings,
Angie