An invisible red thread connects those that are destined to meet,regardless of time,place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break.~Ancient Chinese Proverb

Monday, December 17, 2012

You Are My Child
by Shawna Fox


Sometimes I sit and wonder how it's going to be.
When I can call your name, and you look up at me.
I don't try to understand why you've been left alone.
But I pray and count the hours 'til I come and bring you home.

I wasn't there when you were born; I didn't see you start to crawl.
I couldn't watch your first few steps, or pick you up from your first fall.
I may not be the one who saw your first sweet smile.
I wasn't there in the beginning; but from now on, you are my child!
Every night I touch your picture before I can go to bed
So that images of you will be dancing in my head.
And although we've never met you, and we've never held you close,
We're so blessed to be your parents; and we thank God we're who He chose.

I reach for your tiny hands, but you're a million miles away.
And I know I love you more with each slowly passing day.
From the moment you entered our lives, you became a vital part.
You may not have my eyes, but you will always have my heart.