An invisible red thread connects those that are destined to meet,regardless of time,place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break.~Ancient Chinese Proverb

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Waiting.........

"For a while" is a phrase that can't be measured. At least by the person who's waiting.....Haruki Murakami

Well, I knew that this "waiting" was going to be hard..but boy..is it hard. Even the 7 months I spent compiling all of the documents needed to complete our dossier, I felt like I was "waiting for HER". But now that all of the paperwork is done and in China's hands...there is nothing to do but WAIT.

I wake up each morning, wondering...will THIS be the day that we get THE CALL?? Could I know who our daughter will be TONIGHT? Oh, how I long for that to be. And even while I wait..I am assured...it will happen. Because I am impatient, I sent a casual email to our agency.."Any idea HOW long we could expect to wait for the call?" Instead of the "politically correct answer I have gotten in the past, this time I got a little more encouraging response. (Keep in mind...they STILL have to be politically correct, and not promise me the moon). They kindly replied that since we were requesting a young girl and also open to a child who has been born with a cleft lip or palate, that we had a very favorable file. They went on to state that the child we desire to add to our family is the type of files they receive the most of, and so we should not expect to wait TOO long....REALLY??? That's all you're gonna give this anxious Mommy??

NOPE.....That's all ya get....

And so, that's what we will do..and Pray. I'm not going to lie..every weekend  at Church, I pray that God will show us our daughter, SOON. And while I know that it is in HIS perfect timing, I still pray...Lord, let it be soon.

Nesting has surely set in. I just loaded up 8 XL lawn and leaf bags full of old clothes and toys, and headed to drop them off to donate. It felt so good. I nested so bad right before both of my Boys were born, so I can't help but wonder if this emense need to "purge", is a SIGN....
My husband jokes that he hopes we find our daughter soon..if not, we will be sleeping and eating on the floor, because I will have given everything away.
I have been fortunate enough to already have received lots of things for or Little Miss. Thanks to Family and 2 awesome Secret Pals from my Adoption group, she now has a Rubbermaid container full of stuff. As I would get the stuff, I would just set in in our hallway coat closet..out of sight. Well, during my intense cleanout, I decided to go through everything people have sent for her and tuck it all nicely into a large box, while we wait.

And so...as I close, let's hope that we receive our call quickly, or else THIS blog may turn into a whining mess....

The wait is long,my dream of you does not end......Nuala O'Faolain