An invisible red thread connects those that are destined to meet,regardless of time,place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break.~Ancient Chinese Proverb

Sunday, December 22, 2013

A heart full of THANKS

This year was another year full of appreciation and thanks. We added another child to our family this year, and have become humbled at the sheer JOY she has brought to our lives. She has shown us the sheer reward that comes with taking a leap of FAITH and following your HEART. She has shown us that it's not blood that makes you a family, it's LOVE. 
We give THANKS to HIM, because HE adopted all of us as HIS own, and through that adoption, we get to experience His unconditional love, forgiveness and heavenly eternity.

We traveled to the Coast to spend yet another Thanksgiving Holiday with my sweet Grandparents. Oh how I am ever so thankful for this gift of TIME. Another year with them here on this a Earth with us. Thankful.beyond.words.

We enjoyed a delicious meal prepared by the loving hands of my Grandmother. She made our favorites, and as usual, everything was delicious. She said that this was going to be her "last" year preparing this big meal, as she has gotten older and finds it rather taxing. We knew the time was eventually coming, and perhaps that's what made the meal she prepared even more special.
Next year, she said we're ordering the meal!!

I spent so much time this past year reflecting on all of the things I'm thankful for. Our blessings are abundant, that's for sure.
A warm, cozy HOME, food to keep our bellies full, a soft bed to rest our heads at night, a car to take us to and from...these basic necessities make our lives so easy. My mind drifts to the cold Orphanage where Mia spent her last Thanksgiving. No heat and hard beds with wooden slats. It makes me sad.
We are blessed to have our health, and should our health fail us; access to quality healthcare. We can afford to see Doctors, afford to buy the medications we need. Again, basic necessities that SO many go without.
We have been given the gift of TIME with our loved ones. What a blessing, as we have not had to say a temporary "goodbye" to anyone whom we love dearly, this year. 
We are so thankful for our Church. For this amazing place we have to go and worship. For the amazing people who take our children by the hand when they are there each week, and teach them all about God's love. The freedom of religion is such a blessing to have.
I am so very thankful for all of these things. I'm thankful for my marriage, for a clear mind (well...sometimes), and for a heart that overflows with love and compassion for others.

It us my hope that I live each day, professing these things that I am thankful for. That I take what I have been given and use it to better the world, somehow, even if it simply betters someone's day.

What are YOU thankful for this year?

Blessings,
Angie