An invisible red thread connects those that are destined to meet,regardless of time,place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break.~Ancient Chinese Proverb

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Out of Our Hands

Well, it's official.As of today, our dossier is officially out of our hands! (And hopefully for good!). This morning I headed to The Secretary of State's office to have our final document State sealed. We ran into a little problem with the document, which immediately put me in tears in their lobby. After a quick phone call to my Adoption agency and some major begging on my behalf to the woman who does the State certifying, I left with a sealed document. I am trusting my agency, who is assuring us that the problem is only minor and will not cause any setbacks. Boy, am I praying they are correct. Our agency will receive the packet tomorrow and send it out by courier to DC the next day (hopefully). We will be crossing fingers, toes and anything else bendable that this all important document can clear the US and Chinese Embassy without any hiccups.Would you mind sending some positive thoughts our way? We are so close to having our dossier finally make it to China, I can't bear the thought of another silly delay.
So, hopefully the next adoption related post (2 weeks or so) will be of those 3 letters that every adoptive parent jumps for joy over...DTC (Dossier to China)!!!